Vertical Sysadmin presents vi learning resources:
- "Bill Joy's greatest gift to man - the vi editor" Bill Joy, author of vi, explains vi's design to work across a 300 baud link in 1999 interview.
- Bill Joy's "An Introduction to Display Editing with Vi" (PDF) | (HTML)
- Interview with Bill Joy in August 1984 "UNIX Review"
- POSIX-1.2008 vi spec
- Aleksey's slides and notes for "Editing with vi: Basics" tutorial
- Aleksey's slides and notes for "Editing with vi: Advanced Topics" tutorial
- Aleksey's slides and notes for vi class at Cascadia IT Conference 2012
- vi tutorial from unix-manuals.com
- Jon Beltran de Heredia's "Why, oh WHY, do those #?@! nutheads use vi?"
- Beau Sanders' "How To Learn the vi Editor"
- ACNS Bulletin ED-03 "VI 'Cheat' Sheet"
- Edwards & Edwards Consulting's "vi Cheat Sheet"
- Max Cantor's most excellent vim cheatsheet poster
- Nathan Long's "Vanquishing with Vim"
- Brad Moolenaar's "Seven habits of effective text editing"
- spf13 presents: The Ultimate Vim Distribution
- Ted Naleid's Vim Movement Shortcuts Wallpaper
- Bob Ware's vitutor
- Tom Ryder's "Advanced Vim macros"
- Haridas N.'s "Vim as your IDE"
- Brian Kernighan's "A tutorial introduction to the UNIX text editor"
- Tom Ryder's "Actually using ed"
- Peteris Krumins's ed cheat sheet